Volastra Therapeutics, Inc. is a platform-based biotechnology company formed from the laboratory of Dr. Lewis Cantley, along with Drs. Olivier Elemento and Samuel Bakhoum. Volastra Therapeutics is dedicated to the discovery and development of treatments for patients with metastatic cancers. The Company’s therapies will target novel pathways and apply insights gained from its scientific founders into chromosomal instability (CIN) and its clear association with the formation, progression, and maintenance of metastasis. Utilizing an integrated multi-omics approach with high content analytics in metastasis-derived organoids, the team at Volastra plans to identify and quickly validate novel therapies to shift the treatment paradigm in metastatic cancers.
The Scientist I/II, Computational Biology will work closely with the Head of Biology and the entire scientific team to achieve the company’s integrative multi-omics approach to understand chromosomal instability in metastatic cancers. The Scientist, Computational Biology will have responsibility for leading projects as part of the scientific team to ensure the advancement of key programs in the Volastra pipeline. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Uncover and prioritize novel therapeutic targets through the integrated analysis of both in-house and external datasets (RNA-Seq, Whole Exome Sequencing, etc.)
- Development and implementation of novel computational methods using bulk and single-cell expression and genomics data to measure CIN
- Understanding, development and implementation of machine learning / artificial intelligence methods for image-based preclinical and clinical data
- Work collaboratively with the scientific team including biologists, computational biologists and chemists to answer complex questions in a data-driven manner
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of collaboration internally and externally.
- Clearly communicate key findings to members of the scientific and leadership teams.
- Advanced level coding experience python, bash scripting and R statistical analysis
- Experience working in Linux environments and high-performance cluster computing
- Understanding and hands-on experience executing genomic data processing and familiarity with bioinformatics software/tools
Volastra is a lean team of dedicated individuals working to advance therapies for patients with metastatic cancer. As such, the Scientist will from time to time have the opportunity to work on projects and take on responsibilities that may fall outside his/her scope of work.