Volastra Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company based in New York City, formed from the laboratory of Dr. Lewis Cantley, along with Drs. Olivier Elemento and Samuel Bakhoum. Volastra is dedicated to the discovery and development of treatments for patients with cancer. The Company’s therapies will target novel pathways and apply insights gained from its scientific founders into chromosomal instability (CIN) and its clear association with the formation, progression, and maintenance of disease. Leveraging these insights we will identify and quickly validate novel therapies to shift the treatment paradigm in the toughest to treat cancers.
Volastra has raised $45M in funding from top US and European venture firms, including Vida, Polaris, Droia, and Arch. Current funding will look to advance a lead program into the clinic, advance another program to IND-enabling studies and strengthen the platform to identify a broader pipeline of candidates. The company has a world class scientific advisory board including two Nobel Laureates as well as a highly experienced senior leadership team. This includes the CEO, CSO and senior leaders with expertise in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, immunology, and operations.
The company operates out of 15,000 square feet of office and state-of-the-art laboratory space in West Harlem, New York City, within easy traveling distance of Columbia, Cornell, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and all most other areas of the city and New Jersey.
The role of Director, Project Management will work closely with the management and scientific teams to achieve the company’s overall research, development and operational plans. The Director, Project Management will partner with the scientific and clinical project leads to successfully shape and execute the drug development strategies of our early and late pre-clinical programs, as well as the project lifecycle plan. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain project timelines (in particular IND to DC timelines) with input from the functional departments and scientific project leaders, and ensure that the corporate timelines are aligned with project timelines
- Develop a strategic development plan in partnership with the project leader to govern project strategy
- Proactively identify risks in the project timelines in regard to key milestones and deliverables and work closely with the scientific and functional leaders to mitigate downstream impacts
- Work closely with the scientific project leader in fostering a high-performing and high functioning team through the creation of team norms and operating principles
- Facilitate effective, science-based business decisions including scenario planning, highlighting all potential downstream impacts of strategic decision making (including resource allocation, team capacity, risk and overall portfolio management)
- Develop and coordinate ongoing resource planning across functions to ensure adequate resources are applied to the project at any given time
- Manage the scientific communications plans for the project(s) and integrate with overall corporate communications plan
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Assist in managing key alliances within the organization, this could include both contract and relationship management
- Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
- Help lead corporate planning cycle on a yearly basis, including goal setting, budgeting and strategic short and long term plan.
- Coordinate preparation for board meetings.
Volastra is a lean team of dedicated individuals working to advance therapies for patients with cancer. As such, the Director, Project Management will from time to time have the opportunity to work on projects and take on responsibilities that may fall outside his/her scope of work.